Couples who may be concerned with the following:
- Perhaps you have been unfaithful but want to work on putting the pieces back together.
- Do you have feelings of shame and guilt?
- Are you hiding behaviours you’re not proud of?
- Maybe you’ve discovered that your spouse has been having an affair.
- You wonder whether the trust can be rebuilt.
- You want to save your marriage but all you feel is anger and resentment. Maybe you are torn between staying and going. Your family and friends mean well but you just don’t know who to listen to anymore.
- I’m here to support and assist you in reaching your goal.
- With skillful guidance you can recover from an affair.
Your outcome may be determined by some of the following:
- what type of affair was it? (One-night stand? Online only? Did you/your spouse fall in love with the other person? Was it anonymous each time?).
- Your openness in therapy. Are you willing to let your partner have the time they need to recover the trust needed to sustain a healthy relationship?
- Are you willing to be honest about all of your infidelities?
- Can you commit to therapy with your spouse?
Emotional & Physical Intimacy
- Are you having a hard time sustaining healthy physical intimacy with your spouse?
- Do you feel like roommates rather than a married couple? Does it just feel stagnant?
- When you look at your spouse, does it seem like there’s so much more work than there used to be? It’s frustrating!
- You find it scary to think it might be over and you don’t know where to turn or what to do to fix it anymore.
- Do you feel like you’ve lost that connection you once had with your spouse? That you’ve grown apart or feel like you’re off in different directions?
- You feel like you love the person sleeping next to you but it’s just not the same as it used to be?
- You’re not ready to give up but don’t know what to do next.
- Do you feel secure that your partner is always going to be there for you? Security and trust in your relationship is vital. Vital to the intimacy a healthy relationship needs.
- It feels like you’re just not on the same page anymore.
- It’s like you’re pulling teeth just to get him to talk about your relationship and how he feels. Then you both end up feeling resentful and hurt.
- Maybe one of you walks away when the other needs to talk.
- All the arguing has just made you feel like your thoughts and feelings aren’t important anymore.
- Your arguments escalate and then nothing gets resolved.
- Do you have difficulty talking about the “meat & potatoes” like finances, kids, house, other family members?
- Is the ‘not-knowing’ starting to affect the way you relate to one another?
- Do you have trouble focusing on anything except trying to get pregnant?
- Are you feeling angry and resentful towards your spouse?
- Is it becoming more and more difficult to have fun with your friends because they are all getting pregnant and having children?
Separation and Divorce
- Sometimes the lines can blur when it comes to divorce. You feel intense emotions but you also have to deal with the legal aspects. It’s easy to get caught up in this process because you are so hurt. I can help you maintain your sights on what’s important.
- How will you adjust to being single again? To being a single parent?
- When is it right to start dating again? Or to introduce your children to your new boyfriend/girlfriend?
- Working on adjustment to this new life takes time and it’s more than OK if you need help and support getting there.
It’s a magical time and you’ve found the perfect dress & tuxedo, booked the best photographer, hall, DJ, caterer, and of course, honeymoon! But, getting married is one of the biggest decisions you will ever make. Are you truly ready? Did you spent as much time talking about the “meat and potatoes” of marriage as you do about the wedding? These things are so important in setting the right foundation for your marriage. I can help you navigate through these sometimes difficult conversations with your soon-to-be spouse.